Sunday, February 5, 2012

Meet the Authors

Jacob Thompson:
The only experience I have with Archaeology is digging in my backyard when I was just a child. My brother and I were supposedly looking and finding dinosaur bones!!! We actually thought at one point that we have found a true Indian arrow-head, but I'm pretty sure it was just gravel from my neighbor's driveway. Anyway, I am very excited about learning about the burial rituals of the mighty Vikings!


Stephanie Hutson:
I'm an Archaeology and Environmental Science major and have briefly studied Vikings in classes of mine. I'm interested in the development of Viking ritual through the continent, how it was affected by the areas around it and how their burial practices affected that areas they have touched. I was in Scotland for a semester and I would love to see if I can apply the things I learned there to the content I hope to include in this blog.


Angie Huth:
I'm an Anthropology and Archaeology major. I'm interested in Paleolithic and Bronze Age burial rituals in Ireland, Scotland, England, and Wales. I want to apply this interest to the topic by studying the Vikings' effect on Celtic burials, and how they treated their dead in the British Isles. Also, I'm interested in gender, class, personal identity and mythology.


Beth Luder:
I'm a third year Anthropology and Psychology major and as an avid water enthusiast and secret pyromaniac, I have always found Vikings to the epitome of cool. Through this project I hope to learn more about the widespread influences of this dominating culture.


Through this blog we hope to make viking burial research accessible and to disambiguate popular myth and even clear up some of our own misconceptions. We're ready to take the world of Viking Archaeology into the blogosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment